Empress Effects Compressor MKII
- Advanced compressor pedal.
- Gain reduction metering LEDs.
- Both Attack and Release knobs.
- Ratio and Sidechain HPF knobs.
- Made in Canada.
This is the second version of the well received Empress compressor. Back then it had loads of extra features and utility over competing pedals, and version 2 only adds to that. We have the gain reduction & input meter usually only seen in studio equipment, this is great for a quick visual representation of your different signal levels. You have an insane amount of ability to customise your compression - Input, Output, Attack, Release, Mix and Tone as well as the 2:1, 4:1 and 10:1 ratio switch. There's also a Sidechain High Pass Filter switch for adjusting compression on bassier tones.
The sidechain jack (distinct from the switch) on the top is a really unique feature. It lets you edit the sidechain by connecting an EQ. You can even define if the pedal starts up bypassed or engaged.
This is the blue variant of the pedal.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.